MAKING MEMORIES AND DEVELOPING LIFELONG SKILLS
WITH THE MT HOLLY SKI AND SNOWBOARD CLUB
LEARN MORE - CLICK ON THE BUTTONS TO LEARN ABOUT THE PROGRAM
2019-2020 Student Program - Pine Knob or Mt. Holly
Monday –Friday 3:00 p.m.—10:00 p.m.
Pricing (Students 7-18 years old)
· Membership Cards ……...….. $20.00
· Lift Ticket ………………...…….$20.00
· Ski Rental ………………….......$20.00
· Snowboard Rental …….……..$20.00
· Helmet Rental ………….……..$10.00
· Patches ……………….......……$2.50
To participate in the student program you must have a student ski I.D. card. The card allows students to ski at reduced rates Monday-Friday from 3:00 p.m. - close (non-holiday). There are two lesson tickets attached to the ski I.D. card. Additional lesson tickets may be purchased at the ski school desk as needed.
The student ski program consists of seven lessons. Lessons are about 50 minutes long and start at Mt. Holly on the hour at 5:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.. (Early in the season and late in the season we may not offer a 5:00 p.m. or a 7:00 p.m. lesson if there is little or no demand). Please make sure beginners take their lesson at first available time.
All club members agree to participate in a progressive lesson program. Lift tickets are restricted, meaning it is a beginner area ticket (Carpet lift and Rope Tow) until lessons are passed and patches are purchased. The patches indicate to our lift operators when students are proficient enough to ride on the chairlifts. Skiing and riding with a parent does not entitle a student to ski wherever their parent takes them. The child must pass the appropriate lesson.
Lessons are 50 minutes and start at 5:00 or 6:30 p.m. at Pine Knob –or– 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. at Mt. Holly. Please inform your students to stand in line at the flag that corresponds to the color of patch they are trying to earn. They should have their lesson tickets ready.
*Please note: A patch is not earned on the first lesson.
Student Patch Snowboard Program
The Mt. Holly and Pine Knob snowboard patch program is similar to the ski program but snowboarders have their own patches and will not be allowed on the lifts or hills with skier patches (for safety reasons).
To participate in the student program you must have a student snowboard I.D. card. The card allows students to snowboard at reduced rates Monday-Friday from 3:00 p.m. - close (non-holiday). There is one lesson ticket attached to the card. Additional lesson tickets may be purchased at the ski school desk as needed.
Help start, organize, and sponsor your
School or Group's Ski and Snowboard Club!
Provide a fun and affordable activity that students, parents, faculty, and other community members can enjoy together by becoming a Club Organizer, also known as a Sponsor. Pine Knob and Mt. Holly can introduce members of your club to a recreational sport that can be truly enjoyed throughout a lifetime. Group lessons progress skiers and snowboarders at a comfortable level and at a safe pace as they work with our certified ski and snowboard instructors.
Public and private school groups are welcome as well as church groups, youth groups, community recreation centers, scouting troops, and home-schooling groups. PTA and PTO groups have also facilitated the creation of school clubs as well. Ski and Snowboard Clubs are for elementary to high school kids, ages 7 and up. Pine Knob and Mt. Holly both strive to make Club startup and administration as easy as possible.
Benefits to Club Members:
· Thousands of students have taken advantage of our Club Program over the last 30+ years
· Weekday evenings groups receive up to 50% off our regular rates
· An environment where safety, sportsmanship, and proper conduct are emphasized
· Great ski and snowboard facilities and equipment
· A chance to have FUN in the winter and create lifetime memories
· Stay active and healthy during the winter months
Benefits of becoming a Club Organizer and/or Sponsor:
· Serve as the main point of contact between your club and the ski school
· Club organizers get great deals too which can include free skiing
· Run your program to fit your schedule
· We provide you with tips and tools to run a successful program
· Watch you students excel, have fun, and make great memories
You can choose to participate at one of two resorts:
Pine Knob Ski and Snowboard Resort in Clarkston, MI
Mt Holly Ski and Snowboard Resort in Holly, MI
For More Information:
Download the PDF here to learn more: